Saturday, July 05, 2008

Dark dungeons

For the past few weeks, I've been listening to a weekly podcast from Wizards of the Coast in which Scott Kurtz, Jerry Holkins and Mike Krahulik (writer/artist for PvP, Tycho Erasmus Brahe of Penny Arcade, and John "Gabe" Gabriel of Penny Arcade, respectively) play a game D&D with a professional dungeon master using the new fourth edition rules. Scott and Jerry haven't played in a long time and it's Mike's first D&D game, but the DM is a total pro and leads them along smoothly. I'm having a lot of fun listening to them cracking jokes while they learn to crack skulls in the new rule set. It's almost enough to make me want to break out my dice and play again. I had some good times playing D&D back in college, but things got weird and I gave it up. I guess it all depends on finding a good group to game with.


The first six segments are online now and the last two should be up in the next two weeks. There's some salty language, so these may not be safe for work.

Episode 1
Episode 2
Episode 3
Episode 4
Episode 5
Episode 6
Episode 7
Episode 8

1 comment:

Lisa said...

I may have to check this out. It's been awhile since I've gotten in touch with my inner d&d nerd. Not that my experience was any better than yours. It really is all about the people, and college had some slim pickin's for that sort of thing.